Woke Contractors, Surveys, and Student Data Collection
Parents Defending Education has collected data on over $20,000,000 worth of diversity, equity, and inclusion-focused consultant contracts as of August 2022. These consultants are often paid thousands, if not tens of thousands, of taxpayer dollars to conduct “equity” or “antiracist” audits and/or invasive surveys on students or push learning materials that peddle harmful race and gender ideology.
Let’s look at some examples from Parents Defending Education:
- Panorama Education Inc. – $5,200,684.50
- Pacific Educational Group Inc. – $3,350,923.45
- National Equity Project – $2,879,655
It is bad enough that districts spend massive amounts of taxpayer dollars on these consultants. To make matters worse, the surveys these consultants offer to school districts look more like what one might expect to see in a pediatrician’s office, mental health facility, or gender clinic than in a 6th-grade classroom. They’ve included questions like:
- Do you identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, pansexual, aromantic/asexual, or questioning?
- At your school, how often are you encouraged to think more deeply about race-related topics with other students at your school?
- How many sexual partners have you had?
You can read more about school surveys here.