Are you thinking about running for school board? Want to know how to launch a successful campaign? Or, are you a school board member looking to make an impact in your district?
PDE Action and organizations across the country are here to help you. From step-by-step guides to training sessions to messaging strategies, following list of resources gives you the tools you need to make changes in your community.
If you have questions, contact us at [email protected]. We will continue to update this page as more resources are available.
For Future School Board Candidates
Heritage Foundation | Training for candidates and new school board members
How to Ask for a Donation, 7FigureFundraising
For School Board Members
Parents Defending Education Action, What Legislators Need to Know | This document provides helpful messaging strategies on top education issues for legislators, school board members, and advocates
If you want to get in touch with someone at one of these organizations, email us at [email protected].
Know the Facts
Parents Defending Education Indoctrination Map | This helpful tool can help you identify incidents in your state or school district
Parents Defending Education Livestreams:
- Public Records Requests: Get the facts on exercising your rights under your state’s Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and public records laws to get documents related to your child’s education
- Restorative Justice: Hear the moving story of Jeff Myers, a parent advocate at Save Oregon Schools, and learn how restorative justice approaches to school discipline cause harm
- School Boards 101: Brush up on what a school board does, how people get elected, and how to advocate for your kids
- Social Emotional Learning: Learn how this warm and fuzzy-sounding curriculum can harm our children
- Surveys and Opting Out: Discover what information schools collect about your kids and what can you do to protect your kid’s privacy
Looking for more local support? Find a parents’ group or nonprofit near you here.